Saturday, January 31, 2009

My interview

As we all know, I truly love talking about myself. Truly, unendingly, with every last fiber of my being (why yes, there IS a picture of me next to the word "narcissist" in the dictionary!)

And as he has provided me with another opportunity to do that, my new favorite blogger is Sir (well, he was always one of my favorites just because of his amazing writing skillz, but now he's at the top of the list). So, on to the interview!

Because I'm all about sharing the love, this enterprise involves you too, if you choose. Here are the rules:

1. Leave me a comment saying you want to be interviewed.
2. I’ll email you five questions of my choosing.
3. You update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. They will answer these questions. If they don’t, you can legally hunt them down and destroy them by the method of your choosing.

My interrogator:

1. 'Notes from the Bunker', eh? Is it really a bunker and, if so, is it constructed in preparation for the inevitable robot uprising or is there something else for which you're preparing?

Robots are SO 2008. Zombies, now, THOSE are the real threat. Bloodthirsty, brain-stealing zombies.

Actually, no, there's no uprising (that we know of) that we're preparing for. The Bunker is actually Phase One of the two phase process of building our geodesic dome. Yes, I said geodesic dome. You can see a picture of domes, both finished and in process, here.

But for now, yes, it does look remarkably like something you could hide out in to survive the coming robot onslaught. Or zombies. Whichever.

2. You mentioned having a paper published in a journal on clinical psychology. What was the topic (you don't have to give the title...I'm not going to PubMed you or anything).

The title of it was "Inhibition of eating behavior: Negative cognitive effects of dieting". It looked at the effects of inhibiting a behavior (in this case, eating) upon thoughts. As we suspected, we found that there was a change in obsessive thoughts when a behavior was inhibited, which has implications for anyone trying to change a behavior (such as smoking). It indicates that some sort of cognitive therapy could be helpful when one is planning some restriction of their behavior. Fascinating, I know.

3. Has having kids mellowed you or evened you out or has it instead hastened your departure to Crazytown?

Welcome to Crazytown! Make yourself comfortable!

Actually, I kid (mostly) - I'm not there yet. But it's done both; I find that I care less about stuff like mud getting tracked into the house, but I also find that when he does things like ride his tricycle off the front steps, I get one step closer on the path to C-town. Not a glowing recommendation for having kids, but I try to be honest on this blog, so there it is.

4. How would your husband describe you?

Am I in the room when he describes me? 'Cause that would definitely change his answer.

He would probably say I'm passionate, intelligent, opinionated, and a good wife and mom. Oh, and that I have excellent taste in men.

But that's if I'm in the room. If I wasn't around? Well, he'd probably say the same. He's pretty good that way.

5. What do you wish I had asked you, but didn't? And how would you have answered?

Hoo boy, lemme think about this one. Oh, I know! This is a good one. I wish you had asked me if I act any differently online/in my blog than I do in real life.

The answer to that would be, no. Although there are some facets of my personality that I might not broadcast every day, in every forum, I never act any differently in those forums than I would offline. So what you see on Facebook, on Twitter, and on my blog are all really, truly me. I don't know if that's a good thing, but it is the truth, and that must be worth something.

No comments:

Post a Comment