Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Meme #2

I guess word is catching on about me and how much I like to do memes. Because, you know, I'm all about the talking-about-myself. So onward...

Coyote Squirrel tagged me with one of those "Seven things" memes. You know, the kind that you list seven things you probably don't know about me. So how many of you know that:

1. I had a paper published in a clinical psychological journal when I was in college. I'd send you the link to it, but it has my real name on it and I have to keep that secret or else Chaos might figure out who I am and come after my mom. But I'll get a "sanitized" copy of it and post sometime soon.

2. Until I was about 13, I never listened to pop music. I listened to big band-type music, because that's what my parents listened to. I can still tell most singers from that era at 40 paces.

3. I am a big fan of the "comma and". You know, as in, "John, Mary, and Lisa...". I know that a lot of the time it's not necessary, but I like it. I think it makes things clearer, and clarity in writing is a noble pursuit.

4. When I was in high school, I was in serious love with sci-fi and fantasy novels (and still am, to some degree), and especially loved a certain series that I won't name, but which rhymes with FlagonPants. I won't go into more details, but I will tell you that I may have, once or twice, imagined myself as one of the characters. Yes, it's still embarrassing. No, I won't tell you which one (unless you ask nicely).

5. I cannot, can NOT stand the stand of balloons being rubbed. Cannot. Makes my ears bleed.

6. Other than my c-section, I have not had any serious major surgery. Still have my tonsils (which I can attest to every time I get an upper respiratory infection, thanks mom and dad!) and appendix. Had a cyst removed a couple years ago (for which I did get general anesthesia), but I don't count that 'cause I didn't get cut open.

7. I'm pretty brave. I also do stupid things (like climb down a cliff) just to prove myself. So if you ever want me to do anything, just imply that I'm a weak girl and can't do it. But I also don't freak out about spiders, rats, bats, snakes (heck, when I was 7 or 8 I held a HUGE python wrapped around me, just to prove I could. I even have the pics to prove it. The thing probably could have swallowed me in one bite, come to think of it), bugs (unless they're flying STRAIGHT AT MY HEAD, in which case I think you'd agree I have the right to shriek like a girl), mice, heights, dark places, clowns, riding motorcycles, getting tattooed, touching raw meat, eating raw oysters/sashimi (oh yum, yum!), various cooked weird body parts (sweetbreads, tasty!), bears, raccoons, vultures, dead things, or really anything that freaks most people out. My sister-in-law is freaked by spiders; her husband, by snakes; and my best friend by spiders as well (and she's a horticulturist. Go figure). Basically it's really hard to ick me out. I'm actually quite proud of that fact.

So there you go - 7 things about me you probably didn't know. I know, you're welcome. I'm supposed to tag people for this, but I've been smacked down in the past when I've tried to pass on memes, so I'll just open this up to whoever wants to do it. Feel free to link to it in the comments if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment